1. Adjustment of drum brake mechanisms is made automatically in use the car. Besides, manual adjustment it is necessary to make also every time after replacement of brake boots or fasteners of brake assembly.
2. Remove the brake drum (see the Section Removal, installation and check of a condition of the brake drum).
3. Make careful cleaning of the brake mechanism.
4. By means of the special measuring instrument determine the internal diameter of the brake drum.
5. Establish by rotation of an adjusting castor boots so that forming working surfaces of their frictional slips took place on a circle with the same diameter, as the internal diameter of a drum.
6. Put a drum on assembly of the brake mechanism (see the Section Removal, installation and check of a condition of the brake drum).