1. It is the simplest to carry out dismantling of the engine, having installed it on the portable assembly stand. Such adaptation can always be borrowed rather cheap in a workshop of car service. Before fixing the engine at the stand, it is necessary to remove from it a flywheel / a driving disk and a back epiploon.
2. If an opportunity to use the stand is absent, dismantling should be made, having placed the engine on a strong workbench, or having reliably arranged it on a firm floor of a garage. During the work without stand you watch that the engine incidentally did not overturn.
3. If it is planned to make replacement of the engine by restored, remove with old all hinged units and external components and transfer them to the replaceable block. In number such, subject to shift, components enter:
a) The generator with arms;
b) Components of systems of decrease in toxicity of the fulfilled gases;
c) The distributor / bobbin assembly and spark plugs with VV wires;
d) The thermostat with a casing cover;
e) Water pump;
f) Components of system of injection (EFI);
g) Inlet pipeline and final collector(s);
h) Oil filter;
i) Support of a suspension bracket of the power unit;
j) Assembly of coupling (RKPP);
k) Flywheel / driving disk;
l) Back plate of the engine.
At removal from the old engine of external components try to remember characteristics of their installation. Fix landing provisions of laying, epiploons, remote rings and plugs, pins, arms, washers, bolts and other fine details in a notebook.
4. At the choice of the scheme with use of the reduced set of the block consisting of the block of cylinders with established in it by a bent shaft and conrod and piston groups remove from the old unit also a head (i) of cylinders, the pallet of a case and the oil pump (possible alternatives of schemes of performance of capital repairs see in the Section Alternative versions of schemes of recovery repair of the engine).
5. When carrying out complete capital repairs of the old unit, make its dismantling and take all internal components. The optimum order of removal of components at implementation of the procedure of dismantling of the engine is given below:
a) Inlet pipeline and final collector(s);
b) Cover (and) heads of cylinders;
c) GRM drive covers with bolts;
d) A forward cover (i) and components of the GRM drive (a gas-distributing belt with cogwheels;
e) Head (i) of cylinders;
f) Case pallet;
g) Oil pump;
h) Balancing assembly (at the corresponding complete set);
i) Conrod and piston assemblies;
j) A back epiploon of a bent shaft with the holder;
k) Bent shaft and radical bearings;
6. Before starting dismantling of the engine, prepare materials and tools which will be required at assembly of the unit (see the Section Useful tips on carrying out recovery repair of the engine).