Remember that gasoline is extremely flammable liquid! During the work with components of a power supply system observe all taken measures of fire safety. Do not smoke! Do not approach the venue of works with naked flame or the carrying unprotected by the lamp shade! You do not make service of system in the rooms equipped with the heating devices using natural gas and equipped with a control torch (such as vodogre and dryers for clothes). Do not forget that gasoline is among cancerogenic substances, i.e., - the substances promoting development of cancer! Try not to allow hits of fuel on open parts of the body, use rubber protective gloves, at casual unforeseen contact with fuel carefully wash out hands warm water with soap. Immediately collect the spilled fuel and do not put the rags impregnated with fuel and lubricants near sources of naked flame. Remember that the power supply system of the models equipped with injection of fuel constantly is under pressure. Before starting a detachment of fuel lines, dump residual pressure in system. At service of components of a power supply system put on goggles. Constantly hold near at hand the class B fire extinguisher!
1. Dump pressure in a power supply system (see the Section Dropping Pressure in a power supply system).
2. Disconnect a negative wire from the battery.
If the stereosystem established on the car is equipped with a security code before disconnecting the battery make sure that you have the correct combination for input of the audio system in action!
3. Disconnect the pressure head line from the final party of assembly of the fuel pump.
4. Connect a special set for measurement of pressure of fuel (the D998709 and MD998742 tools complete with transitional nozzles, and sealing cuffs / laying). The transitional nozzle of the special manometer is established between the distributing tube and the pressure head line, - track reliability of sealing of joints.
5. Connect a negative wire to the battery.
6. Give battery tension on the plug of activation of a gasoline pump located in a motive compartment. Check joints for existence of signs of development of leaks.
7. Start the engine on single turns.
8. Consider the indication of the manometer and compare it to standard requirements (see Specifications to the Head Nastroyki and routine maintenance).
9. Find and disconnect the vacuum hose going to the fuel pressure regulator. At once to a zakuporta the open end of a hose and again consider the indication of the manometer, - pressure has to increase approximately on 0.7 kgfs/cm2.
10. Restore initial connection of a vacuum hose. After pressure is stabilized, several times lift turns of the engine and make sure that pressure does not fall at return to single turns.
11. Squeezing a returnable hose fingers, make sure available of it a pressure at increase in turns of the engine.
12. If pressure of fuel is not enough, check passability of the fuel filter, a condition of the regulator and a gasoline pump. Replace defective knots.
13. With excessively high pressure it is necessary to replace the regulator, previously having made sure of lack of violations of passability of a returnable hose.
14. If pressure does not change at a detachment of a vacuum hose, therefore, violation of passability of the last takes place, or the valve of the regulator stuck and the last needs replacement.
15. Kill the engine and track change of indications of the manometer, - pressure should not fall. If slow pressure decrease takes place, most likely leak on injection injectors takes place (check, replace defective components). Bystry pressure drop demonstrates sticking in open position of the control valve of the fuel pump, - replace the pump.
16. Dump pressure in a power supply system (see the Section Dropping Pressure in a power supply system).
17. Disconnect a pressure head hose and remove the manometer from the distributing tube.
18. Having replaced a sealing ring, connect a hose to a tube, screw and tighten fixing screws.
19. Having finished installation, give battery tension on the plug of activation of the pump and examine assembly on existence of signs of development of leaks.