4.2.5. Useful tips on carrying out recovery repair of the engineGeneral information
The most part of procedures of capital and recovery repairs of the engine is among so-called standard. Special attention should be paid to strict observance of requirements of Specifications for the concrete engine. A lot of things depend also on qualification of the performer. Authors of the present manual recommend the following approach to preparation and performance of recovery repair of the engine:
· The owner of the car can independently make dismantle, cleaning and check of a condition of components;
· After acquisition of necessary replaceable details it is necessary to deliver all removed elements in a workshop of car service where preparation for installation and assembly of knots will be made by forces of qualified specialists;
· The most part of assembly procedures (installation of a bent shaft, bearings, conrod and piston assemblies and so forth) can be also made by own forces of the owner on condition of existence of necessary tools.
Before getting to work, try to define for yourself a range of works which you will perform.
Treats number of tools which use is a necessary condition of performance of complete capital repairs of the engine the following:
· Standard set of the metalwork tool;
· A set of cardboard or plastic containers / plastic bags for organized storage of small components;
· Set of strippers of screw and nozhechny type;
· A scraper for cleaning of the interfaced surfaces;
· The tool for compression of valvate springs;
· The tool for a clearing of flutes under installation of piston rings;
· The tool for removal and installation of piston rings;
· A special vertical drill for removal of step wear from walls of cylinders;
· Hon for processing of mirrors of cylinders;
· Set of micrometers;
· Telescopic nutromer;
· Dial measuring instrument of plunger type (DTI);
· The Plastigage set for definition of working gaps in bearings;
· The portable assembly stand for fixing of the engine removed from the car it (is desirable).
· Electric drill;
· Set of taps and lerok;
· Wire brushes;
· Cylindrical brushes for a clearing of oil galleries;
Sometimes there is a need for use of some special tools which identification number in similar cases is specified in the text of the description of the corresponding procedure.
The materials used for production of knots and details of the power unit
Recently the increasing popularity in automotive industry, in a type of the low specific weight, is gained by aluminum. At service of aluminum details it is necessary to observe some special precautionary measures:
· Do not use aggressive solutions which use can lead to an alloy erosion for cleaning of aluminum details;
· Before dry cleaning of the power unit remove from it all components made of aluminum;
· In order to avoid the "prikhvatyvaniye" rolled in fixture details made of aluminum previously oil its carving part engine, or anti-taking sealant;
· Try not to allow tightenings of fixture rolled in aluminum components with excessive effort, - you monitor observance of requirements of Specifications.
At assembly of the unit all its moving internal components should be greased before installation special lubricant, the providing sparing mode of their operation at primary start (motive oil does not suit for greasing of such components).
For fixing subject the raised vibration loadings of carving fixture should use special noncongealable sealant of the Loctite® type.
Before starting check of a condition of components of their engine it is necessary to clear carefully. Remember that cracks in casting of a block/head of cylinders can easily be missed under a layer of these components of deposits which are inevitably present at a surface, a scum and a deposit.
Cleaning of components can be made with use of the ordinary metalwork tool and different solvents and cleaners. The main layer of coal deposits usually is removed by a skalyvaniye a special wooden chisel. The deposit and traces of material of old laying are removed by means of a scraper and solvent. For removal of especially firm deposits it is possible to use special nozzles to the electric drill, however, it is necessary to work extremely carefully incidentally not to damage the pro-masonry surfaces, beds of bearings and a mirror of cylinders.
Authors of the present manual recommend to avoid application of wire nozzles to the electric drill for cleaning of surfaces of the knots made of aluminum and details of the engine!
Try to adhere always to instructions of manufacturers of cleaners and tools. Do not forget about need of use of goggles and gloves.
Before cleaning of the block of cylinders take from it all caps provided by a design, release traffic jams and the pressed bearing inserts. For washing of remote cavities, galleries and maslotok use special brushes.
Do not forget that all smallest components of the unit, including fixture and springs have to be subject to reading. For dissolution of traces of corrosion and different deposits fine details should be placed previously in an oil bathtub.
Pay special attention to removal of a deposit from the bottoms of pistons from flutes under installation of piston rings.
Do not apply to cleaning of pistons metal brushes and nozzles to the electric drill at all!
When cleaning a head of cylinders carefully remove coal deposits from walls of combustion chambers.
Cleaning is made before removal of valves that allows to avoid risk of casual damage of their saddles!
In the absence of full confidence in the forces it will be reasonable to charge performance of cleaning of components of the engine to specialists of car service.
Restoration of the damaged carving openings
Twisted inserts under carving fixture of standard (American) and metric (European) type are issued. Separate inserts are applied to restoration of a carving in candle openings. Inserts are equipped with the special lock uvulas providing their fixing on the landing tool at installation. After an insert vvorachivaniye the uvula is bitten.
The set of twisted inserts, the tap corresponding to an external carving of inserts and the device for landing of inserts in an opening are a part of typical set for restoration of carving openings. Sets for restoration of a carving in candle openings differ from taps, usual in view of need of application, with the directing rounds and a razzenkovyvayushchy forward side a little. Sets surely are followed by the detailed instruction for application. In the absence of confidence in own forces do not hesitate to ask for the help specialists of car service.
For extraction from carving openings of the "stuck" fixture usually are used самоконтрящиеся nippers, - before a reversing fixture should be impregnated with the getting structure.